The Mason Food Pantry is in need of volunteers to serve at the Deerfield Kroger in Mason this weekend collecting food for the food pantry. This is NOT a troop sponsored event. However, girls who participate should wear uniforms and be with a parent. Hours are to be tracked and reported for service stars to be awarded.
Email excerpt from Gina Brown, Director of Mason Food Pantry:
“I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE. I have not gotten a good response from volunteers to work this weekend's food drive at the Deerfield Kroger. I am hoping your group can get involved and help. I am looking for groups to volunteer for two hours during the event. We need six people per shift.
The hours on Saturday are 10:00am to 4:00pm and on Sunday from 12:00 to 6:00.
It's a wonderful community service activity. It is so easy; Volunteers hand our shopping list to incoming customers. The customers buy something off the list and drop it off after they finish shopping.
The Kroger food drives are one of our most successful fundraisers we do. Volunteers are rewarded with instant sense of I can make a difference. It is very uplifting to be a part of "our community working together to help our neighbors" It is very motivating to see the generosity in people. What a difference we all can make if we do our small part.”